Saturday 17 November 2007

RIP Sassy {Daltryce Sasquatch}

This gorgeous old girl is now in doggy heaven. We had to put her to sleep about 2am Thursday. She didn't want to go and we didn't want her to go, but the decision was made for all of us when she twisted her intenstines and there was nothing we could do to save her. But at 15yo... we know she's had a good life... and a long life. Doesn't make it any easier though. She was such a good dog, so smart, so loyal... I doubt we'll ever be blessed with another as good as she was.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Mistra I'm so sorry :-( how sad.
    I'm sure your whole family will miss her terribly.
    Try and think positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know she will be very much missed... I loved hearing about her antics at various times on the forums. And Sassy featured on your first published LO didn't she??

    Hugs to all of you, RIP Sassy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved pet. It is very sad when our dear companions leave us far too soon. I'm convinced she had a good life with fantastic owners. I hope Kel hasn't taken it too hard. Think gentle thoughts.

    All the best, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry about you loss
    I know to well myself how much they do and are part of the family unit and how much you will miss your mate

    Sometimes we have to make choices we don't want to and I had to do the same thing when pussy had to be put down 17 1/2 years with the same cat is a long time

    Mistra love to you and your family , you will heal over time you will never forget the good times , you will look for Sassy

    best thing you ever did was take up scrapbooking so you could have some wonderful layouts of Sassy to look at

    ReplyDelete