Sunday 18 September 2011

Remember

I found this pic I snapped of Darren last weekend, I know it's only been a week but I had forgotten I took it so was a nice surprise to find it sitting on my camera!  He was talking to his Aunty on speaker phone with his dad, his aunt at 86 is one quick witted woman, funny as!  Was good to see Darren smirking away as he was talking with her.   She'll be over visiting in October {hopefully} so will be great to see her again... will make sure I get some special photos of them!


I am really liking this 11x8.5" format, think I'll stick with it for a while!!  It's a simple one {liking simple atm}, using some Dusty Attic Hinges.  




Techniques:  The chipboard Hinges were painted in warm white acrylic paint and then layered with about 5 embossing powders!  Umm yeah, a little overboard but it was fun and look... it was effective!!  
1st they were painted {just dabbed on lightly} and then dried of quickly with a heat gun, then stamped with EmbossIt and sprinkled with a mix of embossing colours, heated, cooled, painted again {just light dabs} and then Embossed with UTEE and the Verdigris Embossing powder.  The UTEE helps the other embossing powders all blend up through the paint, creating this wonderful motley look.

Products Used:
Dusty Attic Hinges DA0509
BoBunny Et Cetera PP
Prima Printery PP
Kaiser Hunt & Gather Cards
Collections Transparency
TPC Button, Pink Paislee Ticket
Martha Stewart "Cherish" Punch

Embossing Powders
  • Ranger Antiquities Rust & Verdigris
  • Ranger Ancient Gold Tarnished Gold
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang TerraCotta Rust & Desert Moon Copper Teal
  • UTEE

Thanks for visiting, take care and
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I just love your hinges. The colours are so great. TFS.

    ReplyDelete