Monday 15 October 2012

Do What You Can... Wall Hanging - Donna Salazar Designs


Hi everyone!  Today I have another wall hanging to share with you.  I am loving creating these lately... pretty things to hang on the wall.  Hubby isn't too excited a boutme asking for more holes to be drilled though LOL!!


I stamped on this one and used Donna's new Free as a Bird Stamp.  {I know, I'm so brave}, well actually I stamped first onto some watercolour paper from the Mix'd Media Stax and embossed it with Jasmine Mix'd Media Embossing.  It was then glued to the Corrugated Board and the background added around it, so it had a seamless look.




I have used some Golden Fibre Paste over the Corrugated Card to create my 'worn' background, and while wet sprayed it with my favourite SmoochSpritz colour combination; Ice Rink, River Mossy and Caramel Latte.  The Ice Rink adds a gorgeous cool silvery shimmer, River Mossy that fabulous deep teal and the Caramel Latte the fabulous warm contrast needed to give it some life!


Donna's Designer Embellie's Chipboard Swirls from Want2Scrap add interest to the flower clusters.  They were painted white and then spritzed with River Mossy & Caramel Latte SmoochSpritz so they blended with the background.  I also overlayed some of Donna's BYOB also from Want2Scrap, they work beautifully together.


The large flowers were made using Donna's Rose Creations & Grand Peony Die Sets from Spellbinders, and also some smaller ones were created from Donna's Bitty Blossom Die.


I've added some lace and silver trims, some satin and paper roses and finished it off with a quote that called to me, something I have learned this year and reminds me that I have 'enough', and that's all we need.


I hope you are inspired with this, it's hanging in my scrap room making me happy {because Natasha hasn't stolen this one from me... yet} LOL.


www.mistrabutterfly.blogspot.com


Products used:

Chipboard:
Want2Scrap Designer Embellies - Hand Drawn Swirls, Chipboard

Stamps:
Art Gone Wild - Free as a Bird

Ink:
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx - Jasmine

Embossing:
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx Embossing - Jasmine

Bling:
Want2Scrap BYOB

Colour:
Clearsnap Smooch Spritz - River Mossy, Ice Rink, Caramel Latte

Medium:
Golden Fiber Paste

Dies:
Spellbinders Rose Creations, Grand Peony Creations and Bitty Blossoms

Tools/Machines:
Spellbinders Grand Calibur
 
Flowers:
Green Tara 4cm Heirloom - Grey Blue, Teal
Green Tara Cherry Blossoms
Green Tara Roses

Other:
GCD Mix'd Media Stax
Zutter Corrugated Board
Green Tara Lace
Green Tara Silver Diamante Trim
White Tulle

9 comments:

  1. Oh so beautiful!! Love the soft blues and blings and birdcages.. really pretty! I hope your hubby can make more holes in the wall for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this...especially as its in my favourite aqua colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfull, i am is a your fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divine as always Mistra. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is soooo beautiful missy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! This creation makes me want to go emboss something with white! Love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mistra, this is simply stunning!! Love every little detail!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mistra, this is OH so very gorgeous, wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete