Monday 29 October 2012

Puppy Dog Eyes - Donna Salazar Designs




Hi everyone!  Today I have a layout I have created for my team-mate Lisa, of her gorgeous pooch... look at those puppy dog eyes!

I have used some of Donna's Botanique papers, the blue grey tones were a lovely match for the creamy brown tones of the photo.  I have also used some of Donna's new HandDrawn Swirls from Want2Scrap... and I stamped, again!  



I made a beige toned flower from cardstock using Donna's Rose Creations Die by Spellbinders and have used some vintage toned brown, blue and green flowers to add smaller accents.


I found this little button in  my stash and the colour was just right, it was only afterwards that I realised it looks a little like a ball, nice fluke for layout about a dog!   The little butterfly is a metal one I picked up at Michael's when I was in the US.  I've painted it white and then added Glue Gloss and Fairy Dust Glitter so it sparkles.


I painted, stamped and embossed the hand-drawn swirls chipboard to match.  There is a mini tutorial on how I've done this at the end of this post.


I fussy cut one of the branches from the Botanique paper, inked the edges with Denim and then Jasmine Mix'd Media Inx and raised it slightly from the layout using small 3D Foam Squares.   I've tied a small tag to the branch so Lisa can add the date and name in her own writing.



 Lined Swirls Tutorial
I have used Donna's Dear Sir Stamp from Art Gone Wild to create 'lines' on the swirls to mimic the striped paper used on the layout.

You will need:
Want2Scrap Chipboard HandDrawn Swirls
White Paint
Denim and Indigo Mix'd Media Inx
Honey Mix'd Media Embossing
Dear Sir Stamp
Water Spritzer and Heat Gun


Paint the chipboard white, just a light coat is all that is needed.
Arrange so that the swirls are how you would like the 'lines' to follow.
 

Stamp with the Denim MMI onto the chipboard.


Spritz lightly with water and allow the colour to bleed slightly, dry off with a heat gun.


Stamp again using the Indigo MMI.



While the ink is still wet {you have loads of time, MMI is great like that}, randomly sprinkle some Honey embossing powder.  You don't want to cover all the ink, just patches.


Emboss with a heat gun and you have created some swirls that have distressed 'lines' on them!


Just a quick little technique that could be used with any stamps and chippy, I love the contrast it gives with the water washed background and embossed areas.

Until next time, take care of you.

 www.mistrabutterfly.blogspot.com


Product List:

Patterned Paper:
GCD Studio Botanique

Chipboard:
Want2Scrap HandDrawn Swirls

Flowers:
Recollections Floral Embellishments
Dusty in Bloom

Ink:
Mix'd Media Inx {Denim, Indigo}

Colour:
Clearsnap Smooch Spritz {Caramel Latte and Sea Kiss}

Dies:
Spellbinders Rose Creations Die

Stamps:
Art Gone Wild {Dear Sir and Chicken Wire}

Other:
Gauze, Lace Trim
Fabric Button, Tag
Recollections Metal Butterfly
Clothing Label, Kaiser Sparklets
Dymo Caption Maker
DMC Thread

2 comments: