Wednesday 16 October 2013

Fun Days - Donna Salazar Designs & Scrap Around the World

Us lucky girls at Donna Salazar Designs were invited to play with the current Scrap Around the World Challenge and here's my creation!


And here's the Mood Board and Sketch...


This mood board was gorgeous, hosted by the always lovely Jessy Christopher.  I chose the follow the sketch closely for once, and selected the lovely pinks, yellows and mint from the mood board.  I concentrated on the polka dots in one of the images, the lacey topped vases and was inspired to use a type font from the typewriter image.


Donna's Family Jeans range had the perfect tones {and lotsa polka dots} for this challenge!
I couldn't help but make a cute ruffle for this page... and the yellow hounds-tooth pattern was just right!


I also added some fabric tape {love this stuff}, some self adhesive crotchet trim, sweet little daisies and I made my own fabric covered button!


I used some canvas from Want2Scrap and Spellbinders Wonderful Wings dies to cut some canvas butterflies.  I decided to leave these plain this time... the colour matched the vintage doilies so well it would be a shame to colour them.


The GCD chipboard alphabet was touched with some Chiffon Mix'd Media Inx to add a little more definition...


I had a load of girly fun creating this one!  I really loved working with a mood board, letting the images call out and help me choose elements for the page!  If you've not played along at Scrap Around the World, do yourself a favour and stop by!   I think I'll be using Helen's site a lot more often for wonderful inspiration!



 photo Signature250_zpsdd4c2565.png

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 
 
DSD Products used:
GCD Studios - Family Jeans Patterned Papers
GCD Studios Chipboard Alphas - Natural Beauty
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Ink - Chiffon
Want 2 Scrap Canvas
Spellbinders Dies - Wonderful Wings



Other Products used:
Green Tara Cherry Blossoms & Roses. Paper Daisies.
Fabric Tape.  Crochet Lace Tape.  Vintage Doilies.
Polaroid Frames.  White Tags.  DMC Embroidery Floss

No comments:

Post a Comment