Friday 14 March 2014

Free to be Me... Reverse Canvas - Donna Salazar Designs

Hi lovelies!

Today I have a mixed media canvas to share with you, using one of my favourite of Donna Salazar Designs chippy pieces, Bonnie's Birdcage


I used the reverse of a deep frame art canvas to create my background and simple scrunched up some printed tissue paper and adhered it with glue'n'seal.  Then I popped it into a spray box and hit it with Smooch Spritz in Green Olive, Caramel Latte and Spun Sugar.  The lace in the background was hand dyed using Smooch Spritz Caramel Latte... these colours are so very versatile!


I made a couple of Worn Roses using Spellbinders Rose Creations Die, the metallic sheen was simply some metallic rub swept over the flower once it was dried.  You can download a tutorial for these roses HERE.


The cage itself was first painted with white spray paint and then inked with Mossy, Honey and Stormy Mix'd Media Inx.  These were blended as I worked to create a soft worn effect.
The chipboard alphas from GCD Studios were simply sprayed with Smooch Spritz to match the background colours.


Then all it needed was a cute little bird popping out from the cage!  It needed something to perch on so I went outside and picked up some twigs and dried grasses that the hot summer weather left for me.

Thanks for popping by today!


 photo Signature250_zpsdd4c2565.png

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. wow love this am attempting to make a reverse canvas doing a search and this post came up so thankful for your work ,love the way you explain things so simple ...Karen H

    ReplyDelete